How do I clean up chicken wing stains on my sofa?
The Super Bowl just passed a few weeks ago and the Olympics, NHL season, and March Madness are on their way. What does this mean? A lot of parties centered around the sofa
, watching the television. And, for many people, this must be accompanied by pizza and chicken wings. The problem is, your couch might not be the color of chicken wing sauce – nor do you want it to be. But when the game gets rough, spills and mishaps occur. We want to give you some tips how to clean up those stains so that your furniture lasts longer in the color you intend it to be.
To clean up chicken wing sauce, speed is of the essence. The red, spicy liquid can start staining pretty quickly and will affect most fabrics.
For the best cleaning, you should have access to:
- paper towels
- a clean cloth
- a clean sponge
- liquid dish detergent
- white vinegar
- a bowl
- First, lightly dab the stained area with a paper town to catch the excess wing sauce. Let the paper towel do most of the work as its capillaries will suck up the sauce from the fabric before it becomes permanent.
- Second, combine about one tablespoon of dish detergent with two cups of water into a bowl. This will be your cleaning formula. If you think that the stain is worth it, you can also add white vinegar to the mixture for extra cleaning power.
- Then, use your sponge or clean cloth and blot the cleaning mixture into the stain.
- Next, use a dry cloth or sponge to dry the stained area. Again, you want to blot or pat the stain, not rub or scrub.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the stain is fully removed.
- Rinse with cold water and dry in a timely fashion. Because your couch cushions might be fluffy and thick, set the cushion on its side or in the sunlight in order to dry it quickly. If wetness stays for too long, you might be problems in the future.
So, there you have it – a quick and easy process to clean a chicken wing stain. This might not work in every case – it will depend on your fabric, how long it takes, and the kind of wing sauce. But, it may just help you out when you’re in a pinch.
Do you have a question about how to clean or maintain your furniture? Contact us at Spector Furniture
and we’ll try and answer it for you here! Email us
, visit us on Google +
, or stop into the store – we’ll be glad to see you!